If the latest technology or entertainment options are important in your new home, add the following questions to your buyer’s checklist.
1. Are there enough jacks in every room for cable TV and high-speed Internet hookups?
2. Are there enough telephone extensions or jacks?
3. Is the home prewired for a home theater or multi-room audio and video?
4. Does the home have a local area network for linking computers?
5. Does the home already have wiring for DSL or other high-speed Internet connection?
6. Does the home have multizoning heating and cooling controls with programmable thermostats?
7. Does the home have multi-room lighting controls, window-covering controls, or other home automation features?
8. Is the home wired with multi-purpose in-wall wiring that allows for reconfigurations to update services as technology changes?
Visit the Consumer Electronics Association (http://www.ce.org/techhomerating) for a complete Tech Home ™ Rating Checklist.